So to recap my goals for 2019 are:
1. Read 45 Books
2. Drink 2L of water each day
3. Build and follow a night routine
4. Buy less books
5. Hit my savings goal
6. Take everything as it comes
So far, this is how I am tracking with them.
- as of the day I am writing this my current book count sits at
I really don’t like being one book behind schedule, it really stresses me out but I am hoping to catch back up in march.
2. I am still not perfect at this, but I feel like I’ve been doing better then I did in January. I’m back into the swing of work and always have a drink bottle with me at work to make sure I stay hydrated all day.
3. I’ve been really good about washing my face every night and making sure I am moisturising or using a body oil after I shower. I’m still working on kind of ‘slowing down’ before bed. So still a work in progress but definitely doing better than i have done and that’s what matters right?
4. I can’t say I’ve been buying less books, because lets me real, I haven’t. So I’ve decided to put myself on a book buying ban for March and April and potentially May. I’m hoping this will help me to read through the books I have as well as leading into my next goal of…
5. Hitting my savings goal. I am no where near it at the moment, but we are making our last rent payment this month and will be able to save for the next 9-12 months. Hopefully I can get there by December!
6. I think I have definitely been able to attempt to put this into practice over the last month. We are moving sooner than we planned, we’ve booked in the baptism and we are trying to finalise our trip on June. I do still need to work on stress being my initial reaction to things and stating that ‘I’m stressed’ as a response. Working through the things I can control and handing on the things I can’t.
Overall I think its been a pretty good month. I’ve also been working out more and started going back to yoga classes which I really enjoy. I do need to kick the Summer Roll addiction I’ve recently acquired, but come on, who doesn’t love a Summer Roll?
How have you gone with your goals in February?
OK… So I know its TECHNICALLY the second month of spring but not it is really beginning to feel like spring. The days are longer – bless daylight savings – and the weather is getting warmer! It really has a way of just improving your mood ten fold!
Now, onto my goals for October and how I went with achieving them….
- Complete the A to Z Reading Challenge
One that I am making progress on. I finally got another letter knocked out and will get at least one more done in November. Yay for reading progress!
- Post at lease 3 times a week
I have stayed really consistent with this over 2018 and I couldn’t feel prouder of that, next step is to really focus on WHAT I’m posting and then maybe move into posting even more frequently.
- Exercise 3 days a week
This is one I have 100% improved on. I was struggling to get to 3 days a weeks on September but have consistently hit 3 days and then some weeks even been able to do more!
- read 30 book in 2018
So I completed this goal and have upped it to 35! I’m currently sitting at 33 books with 2 books that I am currently reading so will most likely need to increase my goal before November.
- Try a new recipe each week
We really haven’t been good at this one, however we are starting to develop a list of meals to make because each week when we make our shopping list both of us seem to blank as to anything we can cook with what we have. So who knows maybe next month!
- Practise positivity and optimism
Things have been getting super stressful in the last month and a half both and home and work, I have been actively trying to focus on the positive and not let the stress overwhelm me. Although if I’m honest there has definitely been some stress cleaning and stress organising going on.
- Less technology more reading before bed
Ok so this is a goal I really do struggle with. I did do some reading last night while I ran an update on my computer, which I don’t think really counts.
- Focus on what I am putting in my body and work towards maintaining being gluten free and dairy free
I’ve definitely been better with this. I am working on having heathy weeks and then letting my self chill a little on the weekends. It is definitely a more maintainable approach for me.
Overall a pretty good month! What a great way to head into the end of the year!
How are your 2018 goals going?