Again this post is super late as its over half way through November, but I really wanted to stay consistent and post this so that I can keep being accountable.
I’m going to admit that October I was not a great month for my goals, I was definitely getting more stressed out about the wedding, albeit not super stressed but definitely more so than usual.
I’m also definitely looking ahead to 2020 already when it comes to goals and what I want to achieve.
Here’s how my goals looked in October
Read 45 Books Honestly I shouldn’t even have this listed as a goal anymore seeing as its my only real measurable goal and I’ve already surpassed it. I was sitting at around 77ish books in October, so will definitely be trying to challenge myself a little more in 2020.
Drink 2L of water a day This one really depends on the day. Some days I am really good with it and some days I am really bad about it. I definitely want to try and end the year with a bit of consistency.
Buy less books I was great with this in October I only got a couple of books in the mail that I had pre ordered. Hopefully I can keep it going.
Hit my savings goal The wedding definitely took our savings backwards a bit but we are really working hard to get back on track.
Built and follow a night routine This is the first one to go when I am even a little bit stressed. So it hasn’t been fantastic, however its also something that I’m not prioritising.
Overall: Could of been worse could of been better.
how are your 2019 goals going? Are you already looking to 2020?
If you are new to the Ordinary Worlds family, welcome, but also here is a little overview of the goals I set for myself in 2019.
Read 45 books
Drink 2L of water each day
Build and follow a night routine
Buy less books
Hit my savings
Take everything as it comes
Here is how I am tracking with these goals.
Read 45 books. I think I am doing pretty well considering we are only 4 months into the year, being 9 books ahead of my goal is definitely encouraging.
2. Drink 2L of water each day. I’m going to say that I am definitely drinking MORE water each day, is it 2L probably not, but it’s better than it was and I am hoping to keep going and improving throughout the year.
3. Build and follow a night routine. This is something I find super easy to do during the week when I am at work. On the holidays or on the weekends however I find it a lot more difficult. I am definitely now trying to make a conscious effort to properly wash my face before bed as well as trying to read instead of scrolling through my phone.
4. Buy Less books. This is one I definitely feel I am failing at. I think I need to have steps in place for when I want to buy a new book. That’s something that I can work on I think.
5. I’ve definitely made steps towards my savings goal, but I feel like I have also made steps back cough putting things on my credit card cough but I am trying to look forward now and focus on what I can do about paying that off and saving now and not dwelling on the money mistakes I’ve made.
6. taking everything as it comes is difficult for me. I have definitely been trying more to do that but some times I’m not as good at it.
So to recap my goals for 2019 are: 1. Read 45 Books 2. Drink 2L of water each day 3. Build and follow a night routine 4. Buy less books 5. Hit my savings goal 6. Take everything as it comes
So far, this is how I am tracking with them.
as of the day I am writing this my current book count sits at
I really don’t like being one book behind schedule, it really stresses me out but I am hoping to catch back up in march.
2. I am still not perfect at this, but I feel like I’ve been doing better then I did in January. I’m back into the swing of work and always have a drink bottle with me at work to make sure I stay hydrated all day.
3. I’ve been really good about washing my face every night and making sure I am moisturising or using a body oil after I shower. I’m still working on kind of ‘slowing down’ before bed. So still a work in progress but definitely doing better than i have done and that’s what matters right?
4. I can’t say I’ve been buying less books, because lets me real, I haven’t. So I’ve decided to put myself on a book buying ban for March and April and potentially May. I’m hoping this will help me to read through the books I have as well as leading into my next goal of…
5. Hitting my savings goal. I am no where near it at the moment, but we are making our last rent payment this month and will be able to save for the next 9-12 months. Hopefully I can get there by December!
6. I think I have definitely been able to attempt to put this into practice over the last month. We are moving sooner than we planned, we’ve booked in the baptism and we are trying to finalise our trip on June. I do still need to work on stress being my initial reaction to things and stating that ‘I’m stressed’ as a response. Working through the things I can control and handing on the things I can’t.
Overall I think its been a pretty good month. I’ve also been working out more and started going back to yoga classes which I really enjoy. I do need to kick the Summer Roll addiction I’ve recently acquired, but come on, who doesn’t love a Summer Roll?
Here we are again, the start of another year filled with potential to continually improve as a person and to embrace life and everything that involves. Before we get into the goals I am setting for myself for 2019 I want to say…
Happy New Year!
I hope everyone has a wonderful New Years filled with celebration with loved ones.
Now onto the goals.
Read at least 45 books So my goal last year was to read 30 books and I managed to exceed that and read a total of ____ books. After doing that I decided I wanted to increase my goal but not go to crazy.
Drink 2L of water a day I know how good water is for you and the fact that we need it to survive but I don’t feel like a drink enough on an every day basis so for 2019 we are going to see how drinking more water helps improve my mood, skin and digestion.
Build and follow a night routine If you’ve been a reader for a while now you may know that in 2018 I wanted to create a night routine that had less technology… that didn’t work. I just scrolled through my phone anyway. This year I want to focus on creating steps that help me wind down at night and focus on my skin, my digestion and relaxation.
Buy less books I know George (who doesn’t even read these) will appreciate this goal, he gives me so much grief for how many books I buy. I mean he’s not wrong but still… So in 2019 I am going to work on buying way less books than I did in 2018.
Hit my savings goal Ok so I’m not going state my savings goal on here because it seems unnecessary. But Fun: I am not very good with money. So this year I plan to change/ improve that. George and I have things we really want to accomplish in the next couple of years one of which is to get married and weddings are expensive!
Take everything as it comes This is probably more of a vague goal and kind of will act as a reminder through out the year. I know 2019 will bring stresses along with the great moments and I want to remind myself not to stress over things that are out of my control. It does nothing for my already anxious mind, so a reminder won’t hurt.
Thats it! Less goals than 2018 but I think thats better. I can really focus on them and take the time to work on what I need to when it comes to achieving them!
OK… So I know its TECHNICALLY the second month of spring but not it is really beginning to feel like spring. The days are longer – bless daylight savings – and the weather is getting warmer! It really has a way of just improving your mood ten fold!
Now, onto my goals for October and how I went with achieving them….
Complete the A to Z Reading Challenge
One that I am making progress on. I finally got another letter knocked out and will get at least one more done in November. Yay for reading progress!
Post at lease 3 times a week
I have stayed really consistent with this over 2018 and I couldn’t feel prouder of that, next step is to really focus on WHAT I’m posting and then maybe move into posting even more frequently.
Exercise 3 days a week
This is one I have 100% improved on. I was struggling to get to 3 days a weeks on September but have consistently hit 3 days and then some weeks even been able to do more!
read 30 book in 2018
So I completed this goal and have upped it to 35! I’m currently sitting at 33 books with 2 books that I am currently reading so will most likely need to increase my goal before November.
Try a new recipe each week
We really haven’t been good at this one, however we are starting to develop a list of meals to make because each week when we make our shopping list both of us seem to blank as to anything we can cook with what we have. So who knows maybe next month!
Practise positivity and optimism
Things have been getting super stressful in the last month and a half both and home and work, I have been actively trying to focus on the positive and not let the stress overwhelm me. Although if I’m honest there has definitely been some stress cleaning and stress organising going on.
Less technology more reading before bed
Ok so this is a goal I really do struggle with. I did do some reading last night while I ran an update on my computer, which I don’t think really counts.
Focus on what I am putting in my body and work towards maintaining being gluten free and dairy free
I’ve definitely been better with this. I am working on having heathy weeks and then letting my self chill a little on the weekends. It is definitely a more maintainable approach for me.
Overall a pretty good month! What a great way to head into the end of the year!
Here we are again, the end of another month and its time to check in with my goals for 2018.
I feel like I’ve really hit and end of year rut, probably due to being so tired, which seems understandable but still. The weather is getting nicer her in Melbourne – finally- so I feel like I can be a whole new person now!
Anyway, here’s how the goals went for September…
Complete the A to Z Reading Challenge
So another month has gone by and I haven’t actually read any books that I can add to my A to Z list, mostly because I’ve already read books with the same letter. The downfall to reading series.
Post at least 3 times a week.
So this one is one that I’m doing well with keeping up with. I think I missed one day last week, because to be honest I forget what day it is sometimes on school holidays. This is probably one of the goals I’ve been able to be the most consistent with!
Exercise 3 days a week
To be honest this is another one I’ve been struggling with, probably because I exercise after work and I’m usually exhausted after work. I will say I’ve definitely ben doing more. I did boxing a couple of times after school with some people from work and then I convinced George to box with me – granted I’ve only managed to convince him once – so I would say PROGRESS is being made!
Read 30 books in 2018
I am so excited because I have EXCEEDED this goal in September and have actually increased my reading goal to 35!
Try a new recipe each week
I don’t know if I’ve kept it up on a weekly basis but I have at least tried a few new restaurants lately which has been nice. I’m trying a new recipe the day I am writing this post – for dinner I am making Cauliflower Gnocchi – so excited to get back into it. Again the weather effects me so much that I just get so down and sloth mode in winter.
Practice Positivity and Optimism
Still struggling with this in September, yikes. But I have been feeling more positive lately, which is a great start!
Less Technology more reading before bed
I am a technology fiend apparently! I’ve honestly been unable to just put down my phone and read at night, which seems ridiculous. I end up in a YouTube hole just watching Survivor Challenge videos – which don’t get me wrong are absolutely amazing and I love them.
Focus on what I’m putting in my body and work towards positively maintaining being gluten free and dairy free
I’ve been average at this at best, which is bad because I always feel it and then instantly regret it. Onwards and upwards though!