November has come and gone and with that I am faced with my 2018 goals and how I actually went towards achieving them…
To say November was a FULL month feels a bit like an understatement. We are getting to the end of Term 4 at work and it is hectic with carols and wrapping up activities and filing galore. I also had my Engagement which took s bit of organising. So it has been bust busy busy!
To the update…
- Complete the A to Z reading Challenge This is one I will definitely not complete this year. I didn’t end up adding any books in November and I don’t think I will fill my remaining letters before the end of the year. It was a great way to get back into reading so I don’t see this as a fail per say
- Post at least 3 times a week. I am really proud of sticking with this goal. It has really kept me passionate about reading and sharing my thoughts and ideas on different books and bookish things. Yay for winning at this goal.
- Exercise 3 days a week. I’ve been pretty good at exercising 3 times a week which is a plus
- Read 30 books in 2018. This is one I’ve already achieved and am just continuing to kill it.
5. Try a new recipe each week. This one has been pretty much a no go in November. It has been so hectic that I have barely been even thinking about what meals to cook. Onwards and upwards from here.
6. Practice positivity and optimism. The start of the month went well with staying positive. As I got more and more drained though it became more difficult. Definitely one to continue working towards.
7. Less Technology more reading before bed. I kind of worked towards this one and by kind of I mean twice this month… I finally put batteries in a book light a friend from work gave me for my birthday and used it to read before bed a couple of nights. Alas I am back to my habit of just randomly scrolling though my phone.
8. Focus on what I am putting in my body and focus on being gluten and dairy free.
November was actually the worst month for this. We got really lazy with what we were eating and I just ignored my intolerances and ate whatever. I definitely regretted it every time. I also felt like it was really just undoing all the exercise I was doing. Hoping for a better December.
Overall I don’t think it was a great month for achieving goals in November. Let’s hope the last month of 2018 is a positive one.