Found at lost in a story’s blog.
- Find a book on your shelf with a blue cover. What made you want to pick up this book?
‘Renegades’ by Marissa Myer. I’d read so much about this book and have been so keen to read it.
- Think of a book you didn’t expect to enjoy, but did. Why did you read it in the first place?
‘Genesis’ by Bernard Beckett. I heard that it isn’t what you’d expect and wanted to see for myself.
- Stand in front of your bookshelf with your eyes closed and pick a book at random. How did you discover this book?
‘What Would Nietzsche do?’ – I discovered this randomly in a book store with my friend. She knows I love Nietzsche and pointed it out and it became an insta-buy!
- Pick a book that someone personally recommended to you. What did you think of it?
‘Nevermoor’ By Jessica Townsend. I don’t know if this really counts but one of my students is a HUGE Harry Potter fan and she devoured this book. She told me I would love it to and I love to be able to connect with my students though things they enjoy and she was so right! it’s an incredible read. – Maybe I need to get more recommendations from 7 year olds.
- Pick a book that you discovered through booktube/a book blog
‘A Court of Thorns and Roses’ by Sarah J. Mass
- Find a book with a one word title. What draws you too this book?
‘Roar’ by Cora Carmack. I absolutely loved the cover
- What book did you discover though a film/TV adaptation?
‘Twilight’ By Stephanie Myer. I actually didn’t read the first book until one of my friends took me to the movie with her.
- think of your all time favourite book(s). When did you read them and why did you pick them up in they first place?
Harry Potter. I listened to the first two books with my family on trips and I was addicted from there.